The objective of the Landfill gas projects developed by ClimaLoop is to reduce GHG emissions through the capture, flare and utilization of the landfill gas generated by the decomposition of the organic wastes disposed at different landfills. In a first stage, the projects are planned to flare the landfill gas in a high efficiency flare; in a second stage it is planned to produce electricity if the right amount of biogas is generated from the landfill. The Landfill gas projects have several positive social, economic and environmental impacts that will contribute with the international efforts of climate change mitigation. These impacts are:
– to reduce GHG emissions (methane), in a safe manner, and to control and reduce odor nuisance and health risks.
– to provide an environmental solution to minimize risks such as possible explosions for accumulated methane and a secure health for the local community at the landfill site.
– to provide national private expertise in the installation and operation of on-grid biogas power generation technology and flaring systems
– to increase technology diversification in the power sector, enhancing the robustness of the power system and contributing to the security of supply.
– to increase job opportunities related to the management, operation and maintenance of the landfill and the power plant.
ClimaLoop offers an extensive range of management services for the development, operation and aftercare of landfills. We are able to provide consultancy assistance for the delivery of the following aspects of landfill facility development and operation:
-Landfill Gas preparation for Clean Development Mechanism (CDM)
-Qualitative and quantitative landfill gas risk assessment (i.e ATEX);
-Landfill gas utilization and feasibility assessments;
-Gas pumping trial design and management;
-Gas extraction system design and performance review;
-Gas utilisation specification and costing;
-Assessment and remediation options for closed landfill sites;
-Landfill gas site investigation and monitoring;